Below is the macro view of the Classes, and Attached is the pdf version of the Accident Treatment Occupation Guide that specifically classifies most occupations. .
This guide lists occupations and identifies the applicant’s classification for coverage. Each class, listed below, corresponds to the classes shown in the Accident Treatment Rate Booklet (LOYAL-5-0015).
- CLASS 1 - Professional, technical and managerial occupations that are generally office duties only
- CLASS 2 - Supervisory and skilled clerical workers
- CLASS 3 - Non-hazardous light-manual workers, the unemployed, retired workers, homemakers and
- all full-time government employees whose occupations are not otherwise listed
- CLASS 4 - Manual labor, heavy equipment or non-hazardous materials
- CLASS 5 - Heavy manual labor, heavy equipment or hazardous materials
- CLASS NI - Not insurable
When writing a policy for a couple or family, the applicant with the higher Occupation Class will be used for determining premium.